Advanced notice for busy artists or those who find it hard to attend a studio class.
In 2024, there will soon be a new opportunity to have
work at home video classes from me.
If you would like to be notified when they are launched simply drop me an email
- Julie, you have the superb combination of being an outstanding artist, a wonderful teacher and also a delightfully kind and fun person. Ann
- Thank you for all the hard work entailed in keeping the art classes going this year which definitely helped me get through the lockdown and learn new skills. Phillipa
- I am really enjoying the lessons and I loved learning about grasses and textures. Julie thank you for all the wonderful work you have given us this
year. You are inspirational, and a joy to work with. Lorraine
- I was very impressed with the way Julie taught watercolour which I have found in the past very difficult and a bit of a mystery. I found your demonstrations very informative. I think I could use your technique. En plein air the 3 who attempted watercolour had great results, Well done. Ainslie
- The thing I liked the most, was the quality of your art and teaching. I feel that I learnt heaps while also having fun. Ann
4th Term Starting - Studio Classes 2023
PENINSULA ARTS SOCIETY: 159 Overport Rd, Sth Frankston -Wednesdays
PAINT DOWN UNDER STUDIO: 77A Barkly St, Mornington - Thursdays
Mentone Art Classes with Julie will not be held in Term 4 2023
(Julie paints with and is a Promoter of Daniel Smith Fine Art Watercolours and has her own Signature Mop Brush – Neef 554 which can be purchased from all Senior Art Supplies Stores in Victoria.)
TEACHING OR TUITION
Julie holds Demonstrations, Workshops and Classes, both throughout Victoria and Interstate. Before Covid hit, over the last ten years, has travelled interstate to Queensland, South Australia, NSW, Western Australia, as well as City and Country Victoria, where she resides. Listed below is an example the main work and mediums she is known for, although also works in Oils, and Pastel.
WATERCOLOURS on Watercolour Canvas, Canson Aquaboard, Paper and Yupo.
PEN AND WASH on Paper and Travel Diary.
CREATIVE WATERCOLOURS with Mixed Media and Inks on Paper.
COLLAGE WORKS Watercolour and Acrylic based on Paper.
ACRYLICS on Canvas, Canvas board, and Paper.
OILS on Stretched Canvas, Canvas and Canvas Board.
More information on these Lessons will be posted on this page shortly or contact Julie directly by email for more info.
DEMONSTRATIONS: Julie is more than happy to do 2 to 3 hour Demonstrations, relating to the above listed examples. The Venue or Art Society needs to be within a reasonable distance, no more than an hour to hour and a half time wise from home. Fees can be negotiated, incorporating travel and any equipment needed for the Demonstration. Daytime or early evening. Contact Julie by email to arrange a Booking.
WORKSHOPS: Julie will give Workshops within Victoria, and is happy to travel interstate to hold 2, 3 or 5 to 10 day duration Workshops, relating to the examples listed above. Cost: A negotiated Fee per day, plus travel and accommodation including breakfast to be agreed upon in writing or by signed contract.
Contact Julie by email to arrange and discuss all your requirements, for a wonderful Workshop.